We’re looking for a dynamic candidate that understands homeowners coverage and risk, and can manage and execute an underwriting strategy. Candidates must be analytically-minded, hands-on, aggressive self-starters that can lead our underwriting function, support Customer Experience and Claims, and the technology teams as required.
You’ll articulate underwriting strategy, and build processes to ensure it is executed appropriately and consistently. You’ll also support our insurance product team in defining and evaluating coverage for new products using limited data and a lot of creativity.
The ideal candidate is an independent thinker, excited about changing the status-quo, and can put underwriting expertise and judgment into use to improve book quality, customer experience, and performance. Tech savvy is a must, as is independence, drive, and optimism.
- Immediate availability
- Fast learner, self-driven. Willing and excited to get your hands dirty
- 3+ years P&C Underwriting experience; CPCU preferred
- Experience outside of line underwriting, including profitability analytics and management
- Personal lines and homeowners experience strongly preferred
- Analytical, with a strong ability to identify trends, communicate results, and take action
- Comfortable with and adaptable to new technologies
- Lots of attention and care to detail
- Highly available, dependable hard worker
- Track record of success and increasing positions of responsibility
Lemonade is a licensed insurance carrier offering renters and homeowners insurance powered by artificial intelligence and behavioral economics and driven by social good. Instead of brokers and bureaucracy, we use bots and machine learning to create an insurance experience that is instant (90 seconds to get insured!), affordable (policies start at $5/month), and paperless.
Founded by Shai Wininger and Daniel Schreiber and backed by SoftBank, GV, Sequoia, General Catalyst and others, we’re transforming insurance from a necessary evil into a social good by injecting technology and transparency into an industry that often lacks both.
We believe in doing things differently, pushing boundaries, and questioning everything. And as a Certified B-Corp insurance, we incorporate our values of doing good into everything we do – from our business model to our office culture.