Senior Business Development Manager
We’re looking for a Senior Business Development Manager with a deep passion for working with partners and out-of-the-box creativity to trailblaze new distribution opportunities.
In this role, you will drive, negotiate, and execute strategic partnerships with large corporations by creating unique integrations,ensuring any offering fully complies with industry law/compliance. You’ll also help manage existing partnerships.
You’ll maintain extensive knowledge of the industry in order to identify new business opportunities and build key relationships with decision makers, both internally within Lemonade and with external potential partners.
- At least 4 years of experience in a business development or partnerships role in a fast growing tech company – ideally in a direct-to-consumer business.
- Creative thinker and deal maker (experience in channel partnerships is preferred)
- Thought leader and a driven self starter with a willingness to roll up your sleeves (if you choose to wear sleeves).
- Highly driven, with an ability to work independently, think strategically and conduct robust analysis
- A relentless focus on execution that goes beyond strategy and sales with a strong eye for detail.
- Ability to drive cross-functional collaboration (product, content, legal, finance)
- Nice plus: Experience with API integrations
Lemonade is a licensed insurance carrier offering renters and homeowners insurance powered by artificial intelligence and behavioral economics and driven by social good. Instead of brokers and bureaucracy, we use bots and machine learning to create an insurance experience that is instant (90 seconds to get insured!), affordable (policies start at $5/month), and paperless.
Founded by Shai Wininger and Daniel Schreiber and backed by SoftBank, GV, Sequoia, General Catalyst, Aleph and others, we’re transforming insurance from a necessary evil into a social good by injecting technology and transparency into an industry that often lacks both.
We believe in doing things differently, pushing boundaries, and questioning everything. And as a Certified B-Corp insurance, we incorporate our values of doing good into everything we do – from our business model to our office culture.