Senior Backend Developer
We’re looking for a senior backend developer who’s a true tech geek, creative thinker, and great at execution to join our Makers team. We use only Macs, run linux on our servers, and invest a lot in automation, AI, and bots.
If you think about coding as craftsmanship, have an academic background in software engineering, and want to learn how to build incredible software in record speeds, you’ve come to the right place.
- 5+ years working as a backend developer
- BSc Computer Science, Mathematics, or any related degree
- All around player, fast, self-learning individual
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Passion for code craftsmanship
- Knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases
- Smart, problem solver
- Loves getting shit done!
- Experience working on high scale, production-grade projects
- Contributes to open source projects – a plus
Lemonade is a licensed insurance carrier offering renters and homeowners insurance powered by artificial intelligence and behavioral economics and driven by social good. Instead of brokers and bureaucracy, we use bots and machine learning to create an insurance experience that is instant (90 seconds to get insured!), affordable (policies start at $5/month), and paperless.
Founded by Shai Wininger and Daniel Schreiber and backed by SoftBank, GV, Sequoia, General Catalyst and others, we’re transforming insurance from a necessary evil into a social good by injecting technology and transparency into an industry that often lacks both.
We believe in doing things differently, pushing boundaries, and questioning everything. And as a Certified B-Corp insurance, we incorporate our values of doing good into everything we do – from our business model to our office culture.