We’re looking for an experienced finance professional to help drive automation, transparency, and greater efficiency within the company’s financial ecosystem. The candidate will become a trusted partner of core teams across the company, including finance, claims, underwriting, growth, customer experience and business development.
If you’re a confident, attentive, and enthusiastic individual that can help us tackle some of the most fundamental financial challenges in a game-changing hyper-growth startup environment, this is for you.
In this role, you’ll act as a key contributor to the month-end close process ensuring all workpapers are completed accurately and timely.
You’ll play a major role in the daily financial operations of the company and will be significantly involved in projects to help us scale. You’ll also gain unique exposure within this highly regulated industry to all aspects of financial reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 3-5 years experience with noteworthy accomplishments
- Workday ERP system experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and financial statements
- A+ communication, both written and verbal
- Adept relationship builder, across internal/external teams
- A highly collaborative team player and self-starter; willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- P&C insurance experience a significant plus, but not required
Lemonade is a licensed insurance carrier offering renters and homeowners insurance powered by artificial intelligence and behavioral economics and driven by social good. Instead of brokers and bureaucracy, we use bots and machine learning to create an insurance experience that is instant (90 seconds to get insured!), affordable (policies start at $5/month), and paperless.
Founded by Shai Wininger and Daniel Schreiber and backed by SoftBank, GV, Sequoia, General Catalyst and others, we’re transforming insurance from a necessary evil into a social good by injecting technology and transparency into an industry that often lacks both.
We believe in doing things differently, pushing boundaries, and questioning everything. And as a Certified B-Corp insurance, we incorporate our values of doing good into everything we do – from our business model to our office culture.