Lead Data Engineer
We’re looking for a Lead Data Engineer to build our data platforms. If you’re experienced in the entire development life cycle of data projects and love making an impact through code, you’ve come to the right place.
In this role, you’ll be working closely with our DevOps team and Data Scientists to build our entire data infrastructure from scratch. This is a valuable opportunity to play a significant role in scaling a system that will go global. A passion for code craftsmanship and experience in automation are musts.
- At least 5 years of experience as a data engineer
- BSc Computer Science, Mathematics, or any related degree
- Experience with leading projects in system design, architecture changes, and technology selection
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with data collection and processing in high-scale systems
- Experience working on high-scale, production grade projects
- All around team player, fast self-learning individual
- Passion for code craftsmanship
- Smart, problem solver
- Loves getting shit done!
- Experience working with Ruby, Python or Go – an advantage
- Previous contribution to open source projects – an advantage
Lemonade is a licensed insurance carrier offering renters and homeowners insurance powered by artificial intelligence and behavioral economics and driven by social good. Instead of brokers and bureaucracy, we use bots and machine learning to create an insurance experience that is instant (90 seconds to get insured!), affordable (policies start at $5/month), and paperless.
Founded by Shai Wininger and Daniel Schreiber and backed by SoftBank, GV, Sequoia, General Catalyst and others, we’re transforming insurance from a necessary evil into a social good by injecting technology and transparency into an industry that often lacks both.
We believe in doing things differently, pushing boundaries, and questioning everything. And as a Certified B-Corp insurance, we incorporate our values of doing good into everything we do – from our business model to our office culture.