We are looking for an analytically-minded, hands-on self-starter that can lead our actuarial function. You’ll be responsible for our pricing, including analyzing and managing countrywide pricing levels for core homeowners products, and lots of add-on coverages and products. You’ll also work with analyzing risk, including analyzing and managing countrywide pricing levels for core homeowners products, and lots of add-on coverages and products.
The ideal candidate is an independent thinker, excited about changing the status-quo, and using actuarial expertise and judgment to improve pricing, reserving, and risk management. Tech savvy is a must, as is independence, drive, and optimism.
- Immediate availability
- 5-10 years of P&C actuarial experience; ACAS equivalent, or greater
- College degree
- Fast learner, self-driven. Willing and excited to get your hands dirty
- Personal lines and homeowners experience strongly preferred
- Analytical, with a strong ability to identify trends, communicate results, and take action
- Comfortable with and adaptable to new technologies
- Lots of attention and care to detail
- Highly available, dependable hard worker
- Track record of success and increasing positions of responsibility
Lemonade is a licensed insurance carrier offering renters and homeowners insurance powered by artificial intelligence and behavioural economics and driven by social good. Instead of brokers and bureaucracy, we use bots and machine learning to create an insurance experience that is instant (90 seconds to get insured!), affordable (policies start at $5/month), and paperless.
Founded by Shai Wininger and Daniel Schreiber and backed by SoftBank, GV, Sequoia, General Catalyst and others, we’re transforming insurance from a necessary evil into a social good by injecting technology and transparency into an industry that often lacks both.
We believe in doing things differently, pushing boundaries, and questioning everything. And as a Certified B-Corp insurance, we incorporate our values of doing good into everything we do – from our business model to our office culture.